Sunday, June 27, 2010

Baby Flick


Last evening I was privileged enough to make a cake for the baby shower for my friend Rachel Flick (she also is a co-worker of mine). Her baby girl is due in just under 3 weeks! I had a blast making this cake. The nursery is being decorated in sheep, and pink...two of my favorite things. I modeled the sheep after the Aardman claymation characters Shaun the Sheep and his flock (of Wallace and Gromit fame). The top tier was red velvet with cream cheese buttercream, and the bottom was chocolate with whipped chocolate ganache. Both tiers were covered in homemade fondant. It has been very (VERY) warm here lately, so I did have a bit of a rough go with the fondant as it kept melting even with my A/C on.

Thank you, Rachel, I loved making this cake for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment