Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jeg elske kage.

Hello, my name is Michele, and I am a cake-a-holic.

Don't get me wrong, there have been the rare occasions that I felt like I might be a little sick of it. Yet, then I eat some and I fall in love all over again. Cake is a chameleon. It has the ability to change color, form, texture at a whim. It has the ability to make people so very happy even in the most dire of circumstances (divorce cake anyone?) It can be dense, sculpted, smashed, or made light as air. It just waits for you to tell it what you want.

I titled this blog Jeg elske kage, or I Love Cake in Danish as a tribute to my grandparents. My grandparents are my inspiration in all of this. My mothers parents passed away before I was born, however their legacy lived on thru my mother and now through me. I have the diploma for my Grandfather Clark from his bakery school. I have wonderful pictures of my Grandmother Pearl decorating massive wedding cakes (self taught) in the window of their shop, Schooler Bakery (pronounced shh-kool-er) in Santa Barbara, California. The bakery is no longer there, but the photos and stories from my mother will live in infamy. I hope to live to their high standards, and when I have children, they will know why I am so passionate about baking, and hopefully love baking as much as I do.

I am not a pastry chef by any means. I am just a girl with a whisk and a bowl waiting to make you a creation that you will love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment