Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Mark!



Yesterday I made the birthday cake for my good friend Bernie's husband, Mark. When I asked her what he liked the best, she said, Beer. Thus, I give you the keg. This was my first foray, if you will, into what I call imitation cakes. Cakes that are made to look like something else other than cake. I think it is a good first effort, and I learned some things from this cake.

It is 3 layers of Mexican Vanilla Bean cake with custard filling and chocolate buttercream (Bernie can really pick good flavors!) all is covered and decorated in homemade fondant. I have been tinkering with some new buttercream recipes, and i think I hit on a good one with this cake. I will have to wait to the final verdict from Bernie and Mark's 3 boys.


Thank you guys for letting me make this cake for you guys. I really hope you liked it!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment