Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Jake!

On Sunday I delivered cupcakes for a very special Birthday Boy! Jake is the son of my wedding florist, Mandy. She is one of the most bubbly people I know. She is immensely talented and is very passionate about what she does. If you want to check out her work, head on over to Manor House Flowers, you will not be sorry!

Jake had a Dr Seuss theme birthday party. I wish I would have taken a picture of his play room. Horton, the Lorax, Blue Fish, Sam I Am...the list goes on and on. All painted around his room. It is just wonderful!!

Now on to the food (which I have no pictures of due to the fact that I baked at my parents house and forgot my camera Do'h!) I made 2 dozen cupcakes. 12 lemon, 12 vanilla, all with Swiss Meringue Buttercream (which I have to say, Martha Stewart screwed me again!! More on that in a later post). The buttercream was colored sky blue, red and some remained white. They were sprinkled with colorful disk sprinkles (who does not like sprinkles?!?). I tried a new lemon emulsion instead of extract for the lemon ones, I thought it was pretty tasty! I will have to wait for the official interpretation from Jakes parents.

Thank you Jake (and family!), I loved making the cupcakes and I hope you enjoyed eating them...or smashing them into your face...whichever came first!

I will have pictures as soon as I snag my parents camera and download them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment